• Provide assistance in the implementation of risk based internal audit plans of assigned function in line with Internal Audit vision & strategy and ensuring effective delivery of annual internal audit plans.
• Participation in conducting and completion of audit engagements in accordance with International Standards of Auditing.
• Establish effective audit testing procedure across assigned audit task and identifies controls weaknesses and key risks; evaluates the adequacy of the controls designed to manage those risks; and develops recommendations to improve / enhance the internal control environment.
• Prepare accurate, logical and detailed workpapers clearly describing the work performed, test results and conclusions reached
• Prepares written reports and works with management to obtain agreement on action plans to address the identified audit issues and weaknesses.
• Applies data collection, data mining, data analysis and statistical techniques
• Participates in finance audit assignments and has the ability to evaluate the controls over financial reporting.
• Maintain an awareness of audit trends and “best practices”, regulatory and legal requirements, assesses the relevance to the audit engagements and legal framework within which the bank operates.
• Selects and uses a variety of manual and automated tools and techniques to obtain data and other information on business process.
• Uses critical thinking to identify, exercises professional skepticism and propose tactics for business process improvement
||Accounting and Auditing