The role of the Mechanical and Electrical BIM Engineers/ technicians will be within the Building Services Engineering Practice of the Design & Engineering business, primarily located in our Riyadh Office.
The successful candidate will be expected to work as part of a multidiscipline team of architects and engineers providing a comprehensive and fully integrated design service to our clients.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced BIM/Revit Engineer/ technician to work within an internationally renowned consultant, affording the opportunity to work on large scale, multidiscipline projects. You should have the ability to make decisions, act on your own initiative and operate in a pro-active and positive manner. Working with Principal and Senior engineering staff members, the individual will have the following responsibilities (but not limited to):
• Project delivery from Concept Design to Issue for Contract documentation, the BIM/Revit Engineer/ technician shall be able to develop Building Services design solution working in close collaboration with Architects, Structural Engineers and other design team stakeholders.
• Recognised BIM/Revit Accreditation or Qualification
• Assist in establishing and setting up new projects with the relevant file structures and adhere to all agreed BIM standards, BIM Execution plans etc.
• Assist with establishing project teams and resources. Utilise, create, where necessary, and manage project specific families.
• Project delivery, development of discipline specific engineering calculations, carry out modelling duties, co-ordinate with modelling teams and ensure full integration of modelling information with other disciplines.
• An in depth understanding of UK, US and Middle East design criteria, standards and regulations.
• Production of all engineering calculations and drawn information in the appropriate format to meet project timescales.
• Undertake self-checking initiatives whilst maintaining quality control of junior engineers works and ensure adherence to all relevant design criteria and standards.
• Developing the technical capability of the existing staff, advise on and give training, assist with continued development and respond to technical queries.
• Manage the implementation of discipline specific software for BIM/Revit design development.
• Work with the Building Services Management team to implement company processes and improve working practices.
• Technical advancement in the field of BIM, e.g. by maintaining a current working knowledge of industry practices and advances with the technology, then implementing them within the department.
• Ensure consistency of approach across REVIT & BIM Output
• Representation of the Building Services Practice in cross-team design workshop and progress meetings.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin’s employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients across oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure, clean power, nuclear and EDPM (engineering design and project management). On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies, which has been integrated into our sectors.
SNC-Lavalin maintains exceptionally high standards for health and safety, ethics and compliance and environmental protection, and is committed to delivering quality projects on budget and on schedule to the complete satisfaction of its clients.
|Job Location:||Riyadh, Saudi Arabia|
|Job Role:||Construction and Building|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|