The CDP Butcher works under the guidance of the Head Chef. He/she will report to the Sous Chef when the Head Chef is not on duty.
- Responsible for all meat and poultry production as indicated in the head Chef’s meat order, the menu plan, recipes and methods.
- Ensures that production is efficient, and no waste occurs.
- Responsible to take care of all requests from the head Chef pertaining to specific assignments that may arise with short notice, due to special functions or other unforeseen changes.
- Provides direction to the Kitchen helpers, including Commis, Kitchen Attendants and Stewards.
- Responsible to frequently communicate the status of all food production to the head Chef.
- Responsible to supervise, monitor and delegate all, and extra, work-load to subordinates within a timely and cost efficient manner according to the budget.
- Responsible to inform the head Chef or his assistant when routine work, for various reasons, can’t be executed in the given time frame and await further instruction.
- Inspect all equipment and machinery used in the area of responsibility and report any problems or situations to the head Chef or the sous chef.
- Thorough knowledge of butchery and is fully responsible for the quality and safety of food leaving the station.
- Give training to the subordinates in all facets of butchery whenever time allows it. Make sure all food is stored and all areas are cleaned base to the standards.
- Always work as a team member.
- Follow “Clean as you go” work habits.
- Follow the Meat Order Cycle created by the Head Chef.
- Do any special duties requested by the Head Chef.
- Follow safe work habits and notify supervisors of any dangerous or unsafe place in work area.
- Make frequent suggestions to your direct supervisor in order to bring the standard up and keep your interest on the job.
- Create working schedule for subordinates.
- Organize meat and fish orders according to the menu. Check on a daily basis.
- Striploin steaks, Rib-Eye steaks, Flank Steaks and Skirt Steaks have to be cut and marinated one week in advance up to specifications.
- Always thaw all meats in the therefore designated meat thawing rooms.
- Cut to portion size as explained in the methods or SOP’s.
- Tenderloin steaks have to be cut and marinated at least two days in advance.
- Keep exact check on size and weight of the required products.
- Make weekly yield tests in close cooperation with the head Chef.
- See that all machines, working utensils, freezers and refrigerators are cleaned and in proper working condition.
- Make sure to ask the supervisor for permission first before working overtime or allow subordinates to work overtime.
- Check on a proper thawing production.
- Work closely with storekeepers. Keep a very good relationship.
- Check all provisions received from storeroom and report discrepancies immediately.
- In charge of training for all subordinates whenever time permits.
- Responsible for the butcher shop and the inventory.
- Report frequently to the sous chef and ask for help if necessary.
- Be food cost conscious, check wastage.
- Cleaning procedure on a daily basis according to company standards.
- All prepared food is to be handled with gloves only.
- All scheduled meetings have to be attended on time.
- Keep your personal appearance in top shape and to company standards, lead by example.
- Knows computers and can teach subordinates.
- Prevent food spoilage through daily checks and ensuring that all incoming and outgoing food items are up to agreed standards.
- Drives himself to come up with new processes and ways to roll out to operations, reduce operating costs.
- Ensure that all conducted training of food preparation, hygiene and grooming standards is understood and followed by him and his subordinates.
- Ensure that all kitchen Mise in Place is prepared according to production plan.
- To ensure constant rotation of all stocks in the central kitchen.
- To ensure highest standards of hygiene are always adhered to throughout food preparation procedure.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Head Chef, Sous Chef.
- Make careful use of safety equipment, such as gloves, goggles, aprons, overalls, shoes, and so on.
|Job Location:||Al Kuwait, Kuwait|
|Job Role:||Hospitality and Tourism|
|Company Industry:||Catering, Food Service, & Restaurant|
|Career Level:||Entry Level|