Chat agents communicate with customers through live chat or social media or email to answer questions, solve problems, and troubleshoot. Since they function on
the front line of customer service, it’s important that chat agents be comfortable communicating directly with customers.
To keep customers happy and successfully solve any problems that may arise, chat agents perform a range of tasks. Based on the job listings we analyzed, chat agents
are expected to take on these duties and responsibilities.
• Receive and Promptly Respond to Customer Queries
• Document Issues and Resolutions
• Learn About New Products and Services
• Develop Customer Service Solutions
• Identify Possible Website/App Errors
Customer service – It’s essential that they have strong customer service skills
▪ Organization skills – Chat agents are responsible for recording
and documenting each question or problem as well as each
respective answer or solution. Because of this, chat agents
should have strong organizational skills and be able to effectively
sort large amounts of information whenever requested.
▪ Good attitude –Chat agents address customers in an upbeat and
positive manner. Even when facing complex problems or difficult
questions, it’s important that chat agents maintain a good
▪ Computer literacy – Chat agents perform their day-to-day tasks on a computer.
They must be able to easily operate a computer, especially in terms of checking
and responding to emails as well as utilizing live chat services and software.
▪ Problem-solving skills – the ability to solve problems is just as integral to a chat
agent’s work as solid communication skills. When presented with a problem,
chat agents must be able to find a solution calmly and efficiently, even if the
customer is impatient or disgruntled.
|Job Location:||Al Kuwait, Kuwait|
|Job Role:||Customer Service and Call Center|
|Company Industry:||IT Services|
|Career Level:||Entry Level|