To assist design and coordination tasks for the Engineering department projects.
- Reads publications, attends seminars/exhibitions, and studies competing products and design styles to obtain perspective and generate design concept.
- Considers creative solutions to job requirements that would reduce manpower requirements, cost and time.
- Prepares bid packages for material and subcontractors for review.
- Prepares sketches of ideas, detailed drawings, illustrations, artwork, or blueprints, using drafting instruments, paints and brushes, or computer-aided design equipment.
- Directs and coordinates the fabrication of models or samples and the drafting of working drawings and specification sheets from sketches.
- Advises and evaluates new market product/design concepts with engineering and clients.
- Presents design for approval, and discusses need for modification.
- Prepares inquiries estimations in coordination with assumed design criteria.
- Raises and replies to any required technical queries and attends any required technical meetings.
- Checks and approves for the compatibility of the architectural, civil, MEP and steel/cladding drawings and designs (both in-house and third party) and ensures the resolving of any incompatibilities in coordination with the relevant parties.
- Incorporates all client / consultant requirements and alterations in shop drawings.
- Performs site visits as needed and compares designs with actual site practices and maintains a library of standard constructible details of least cost implications.
- Assists in the training and development of team members.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Management.
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Company Industry:||Construction & Building|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|