SNC Lavalin’s Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
• Develop and Implement the relevant industry standards:
o Local KSA Authority Standards
• Undertake supervision and performance review of the designs including assessment of project locations, reporting on progress, coordination of design review presentations by design consultants, consultant’s performance – including conformance with design criteria, progress and adequacy of submittals.
• Peer Reviews – Covering issues such as cost effectiveness, aesthetics, alternatives, operation and maintenance, design life, etc.
• Value Engineering – Workshops to study options for savings / concluding with a benefits analysis to justify recommendations.
• Line management and mentoring
• Project management, budgeting and programming workloads
• Multi-Disciplinary consultation
• Consultation and management of design being delivered by offshore design centres
• Implementation of digital design requirements
The Infrastructure Design Manager will be a qualified professional who has reached Senior Manager level. (it is likely that the person fulfilling this role will have had or is ready to take on the management of a major design project), capable of providing planning, leadership, direction and technical expertise to manage complex tasks and multidisciplinary projects. They must have a minimum qualification BSc, BEng, BA or equivalent, have Chartered status and more than 10 years’ experience with 5 being similar to this role.
The Infrastructure Design Manager will also be responsible for maintaining and enhancing Atkins reputation with our clients and developing effective long-term client relationships thus identifying and developing new opportunities for the Atkins Group.
• An experienced Design Manager with a demonstrable track record in the delivery of large multi-functional mixed infrastructure projects, ideally within urban and interurban environments.
• Experience in the delivery of utilities inputs from master planning through to detailed design.
• Knowledge of project controls procedures.
• A “rounded profile”, comfortable with planning, analysis and managing process and commercial considerations. The successful candidate will also be able to mobilise people and teams and drive for a successful delivery.
• Effective in building good working relationships within complex structures both within projects, with clients and internally.
• Experience in leading multi-disciplinary teams
|Job Location:||Riyadh, Saudi Arabia|
|Job Role:||Construction and Building|
|Company Industry:||Construction/Civil Engineering|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|