- Position Purpose
- Operates digital radiology equipment to produce a high standard/high quality radiographic images
- Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Reviews exam orders/requisitions/requests, reviews corresponding protocol and, if needed, asks questions of superior(s) and prepares for exams.
- Ensures proper Start/Complete of each procedure/examination within RIS and/or HIS system(s)
- Greets patients and assures proper patient identification such as patient name and MRN.
- Explains procedures to patients. Prepares equipment, supplies, contrast media and medications.
- Positions patients and attaches or adjusts immobilizing and shielding devices to ensure precise patient position, patient comfort, and to minimize patient exposure to radiation.
- Operates equipment. Reviews and evaluates instructions from physicians to complete procedure(s).
- Selects proper image receptor and image recorder and programs them. Retrieves information from computer and processes information in the proper format.
- Forwards recorded images to the radiologist for interpretation and assists in image manipulation and archiving.
- Practices sterile techniques and prevents cross contamination, scrubs with radiologist in angiography procedure as needed.
- Monitors patient condition during and after scan to ensure patient safety and comfort.
- Records all required information. Labels films in sequence. Notes all pertinent data required by Radiologists for medical diagnosis. Consults with Radiologists as needed.
- Cleans equipment and room and restores all equipment and supplies for subsequent use.
- Participates in staff meetings, in-services and/or continuing education.
- Participates in self and other’s education, training and development, as applicable.
- Ability to work night shift and on call.
- Follows the chain of command.
- Participates in and supports quality improvement and patient safety activities as an individual or as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Respects patients and their families to promote a patient-centered care culture.
- Performs other tasks and duties within the scope of knowledge, skills, and experience required for the job as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Qualification and Experience
- Education and Professional Certifications/Licenses
- Bachelor degree (4 years) in Radiological Sciences or two (2) years Diploma with an advance course or ARRT(GR) or equivalent.
- Eligibility for registration with the Saudi Commission for Health Specialties. Preferred
- \[Successful completion of specialized training in a well-known hospital or within KAAUH for new graduates.
No Experience requied
|Job Location:||Riyadh, Saudi Arabia|
|Job Role:||Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing|
|Career Level:||Entry Level|