- The OGRO door furniture range offers aesthetically and technically sophisticated solutions with an easy installation feature of Click & Go
- The OGRO door range is designed its lever handle with Braille imprint for use in public buildings, offering enhanced safety and security for people with impaired sight.
- With over 1.5 million combinations and OGRO by Architect designs can be custom made as per the imagination of architect and interior designers
- The new sustainable range of door lever handles from dorma+kaba can be easily accessed by children, the elderly or people with disabilities effortlessly with its barrier free functionality
- A special bespoke door lever handle in the shape of a leaf from the Bendo collection is created exclusively and included in the Burj Khalifa architectural under the OGRO collection.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, June 7, 2016: dorma+kaba, the key global player in opening solutions with a legacy older than two centuries, launches OGRO, a sustainable, elegant and compatible range of door furniture. Manufactured in Germany, with the OGRO, identical lever handles can be combined for use on any surface be it timber, narrow stile and toughened glass doors. The system comprises three components that can be flexibly combined with one another: Lever handles, roses/backplates and spindles. The entire OGRO range is able to satisfy virtually any design related requirement, be it modern or classic.
The OGRO by Architects fittings from dorma+kaba offers creative freedom to architects and designers to custom make doors and handles as per their imagination. With vast experience and expertise in door technology, liberty is given to designers to design distinctive and tailored solutions. This customizing service enables and encourages one to implement individual design ideas for their respective projects.
The new range of door lever handles from dorma+kaba can be easily accessed by children, the elderly or people with disabilities effortlessly with its barrier free functionality (simple elbow actuation). OGRO also has a lever handle with Braille for improved tactile orientation and spatial awareness with Braille imprint for use in public buildings, offering enhanced safety and security for people with impaired sight. dorma+kaba offers multi-level adaptation of key words in Braille to suit each application. These tactile inscriptions are available in a range of languages for maximum international validity and flexibility.
Commenting on the launch, Mr. Reinier Abenojar, Product Marketing Manager, dorma+kaba, said, “We are very much delighted to introduce the new range of OGRO designs to the GCC region. With over 1.5 million combinations, OGRO designs can be custom made as per one’s imagination and that is what sets us apart. It is compatible with timber, narrow sterile and toughened glass, thus making it compatible with as many surfaces as possible. Due to its accessibility to a wide range of audience, we also see the OGRO range to suitable to public properties that have high usage specially suiting it well for majority of Healthcare organizations. Among the other applications, the OGRO range of doors can be seen in aesthetic architectures of the Burj Khalifa, which displays a special bespoke door lever handle in the shape of a leaf. We are positive that the OGRO range will be well accepted and I am sure it is capable of meeting the high demands of the new innovative and upcoming projects in the GCC.”
- The OGRO technology withstands the stresses and strains of high frequency door usage while ensuring an excellent ease of use. Four return springs ensure that the lever handles always return into a 90° degree position, even after intense usage.
- OGRO handles used on emergency exits can also be appropriately embossed, thus improving overall safety without in any way affecting the visual attractiveness of the hardware set. The Braille is located on the inside face, precisely where the finger tips make contact when the handle is gripped. Immediate recognition by Braille readers is therefore assured.
The easy installation Click & Go, enables quick fixing on any surface, be it timber, narrow stile or toughened glass doors. The sustainable range is certified by Environmental Product Declaration in accordance with ISO 14025 and EN 15804.