In charge of preparing documentation for project bids and ensure the company get positive answers to their proposals. Overall in-charge of reviewing calls for proposals, determining client requirements, performing research, calculating project costs, and demonstrating the company can meet specifications and for any technical query arises for referral to the Client.
- Estimating project costs for EPIC project.
- Responsible for generating competitive target costs for new and existing contracts.
- Prepare cost estimates for material, machines, fabrications, inspection, coating, assembly, testing and related operation for new tendering Contracts.
- Prepare details and modify proposal drawings including sections, plans and elevation diagrams as per instructions provided, in order to process client approvals.
- Provide preliminary estimate support to estimate quantities from drawings to determine project costs.
- Take-off quantities for oil & gas, EPIC tenders and HVAC.
- Prepare BOQ, tender & contract documents.
- Cross checking the quantities of consultant’s BOQ and summarizing the discrepancies to the estimator.
- Sending requests for quotations (RFQ), to various suppliers based on project specifications and follow-up.
- Comparing the quotations of various suppliers and preparing the budget quantities and cost.
- Arranging all the tender documents as per the checklist for submission.
- Prepare details, modify shop drawings, and create sketches, parts and details for the engineers to develop a clear understanding of various facets of the construction project.
- Prepare details and modify variation drawings and quantities.
- Prepare as-built drawings incorporating the sub-contractors drawings, in order to present to the client the final as-built drawings.
- As per requirement, attends meetings with Client/Consultant/Contractor/Sub-contractor for providing clarifications and explanations.
- Responsible for documents, filing, recording revisions, versions of drawings and checking/verifying correctness of drawings & plans and quantity calculations
- Evaluate contractor’s billing and financial/contractual claims, including project valuation
- Negotiation and evaluate variation orders, change request, etc.
- Preparation of statements at completion/final statements
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Job Role:||Mechanical Engineering|
|Company Industry:||Oil/Gas; Planning|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|