• Act as a point of contact for finance and advise employees on financial procedures and interpretation of financial information.
• Act as a point of contact to any external third party receiving funds from Hedayah or contracted to Hedayah, including but not limited to Vendors, Auditors, Grantees, Consultants.
• Review and manage the internal financial and accountancy controls of grants to ensure that the grant agreement is adhered to.
• Work closely with the program staff to develop budgets for grants proposals and raise issues affecting financial compliance.
• Work closely with the Director of Administration and Finance to develop and implement financial policies, processes and procedures to maintain effective financial and accounting controls.
• Process and monitor all financial transactions, including accounts receivable and payable, as per the organisation’s policies and procedures, ensuring all expenses are in line with the budget.
• Prepare and monitor the cash flow statements and bank balance in order to meet the financial commitments of the Center.
• Prepare and maintain all financial statements and books of accounts in a timely and accurate manner.
• Monitor the allocated budgets and produce budgetary information to allow effective financial management.
• Prepare and process monthly payroll, ensuring all records are reconciled within the defined standards and procedures.
• Develop and produce financial reports to compile statistics and provide analysis, financial forecasting and planning.
• Liaise with the National Pension Funds to register new employees and process pension payments for UAE National employees.
• Participate in and facilitate external audits to ensure compliance.
• Establish and maintain financial records, ensuring they are maintained accurately and updated on a regular basis for retrieval, reference and audit purposes.
• Maintain and manage petty cash funds in accordance with policies and procedures.
• Prepare and submit quarterly VAT returns in accordance to the UAE VAT Law
Qualification and Experience:
• Master Degree in Accounting, Finance, Project Management (or related field) or similar internationally recognized accounting/auditing certification
• Minimum 5 years’ experience of working in finance and grant management in an international organization and/or International accountancy firms.
• Prior experience of working in an international setting and/or NGOs is a plus
• Knowledge in project management
• Experience and knowledge in financial and accounting systems and software
• Strong understanding of the applicability and implementation of relevant financial legislation and regulations
|Job Location:||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
|Job Role:||Accounting and Auditing|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|