Reporting directly to the Chief Growth and Operations Officer (CGO), the General Manager will oversee daily operations of the business unit and ensure the creation and implementation of a strategy designed to grow the business.
The role holder will need to liaise with the key clients, accounts and capture all projects and operational overview to ensure high level of awareness and visibility with external and internal stakeholders.
Key accountabilities of the role holder include strategic and business planning, lead and direct a large business unit in the country, provide strategic guidance and direction enabling the company to achieve missions and objectives, complete ownership of profit and loss, responsible for identifying, originating and capturing revenue growth opportunities, develop market and client relationships with key stakeholders to enhance market penetration, growth potential and facilitate operations delivery and collections.
This role is based in Oman.
Strategic and Business Planning
- Lead and direct Averda’s business activities in country
- Develop market intelligence and insights
- Develop the country strategy and its 5-year plan
- Jointly define country yearly business objectives and priorities with Service Line teams in-country and in line with Averda’s Growth and Service Lines global teams
- Escalate risks and threats on the business to CGO
- Support, guide and advice Delivery teams on operations and project matters, especially related to projects finance, customers and cash/collection
- Support country teams in delivering against their objectives, priorities and budgets, through the provision of guidance, and by seeking support from global and corporate teams and mediating across all involved teams
- Measure and assess the business performance of company country, propose and take corrective actions as necessary
- Propose disruptive ideas beneficial for Averda globally or for the country
- Support implementation of global and local initiatives in country
- Escalate risks and threats on the business to Chief Growth Officer
- Develop SLAs with the enterprise functions’ leads, and monitor their execution and compliance
Country Ambassador for Averda
- Represent Averda interests in dealing with external stakeholders and 3rd parties, be it governmental bodies, JV partners, industry groups, business forums or in acting as company officers, to ensure Averda’s best interests are represented consistent with statutory and regulatory requirements
- Understand branding and communications needs. Develop/build and maintain Averda’s brand perception and reputation across all internal and external stakeholders in the country
- Directly be responsible for all Averda’s country level communication strategies/plans/execution across all Public Relations platforms – internal and external and advise senior management regarding communications internally and externally, both strategic and tactical. Develop and prioritise PR events, such as tours for government officials, dignitaries and press events.
- Lead, both the initiation and the response to, the Regional and Country Business Development opportunities to sustain and increase Averda’s growth plans, consistent with meeting margin objectives
- Ensure appropriate projects are pursued and prioritised. Evaluate and recommend investment projects.
- Lead internal and external resources in identifying, developing, and executing new and existing investment projects on a regional or country basis
Relationship with key stakeholders
- Manage key client and account relationships at a senior level. Top level contact for Averda’s customers, engaging the organisation as needed to deliver the committed services and products to the customers
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key government and regulatory authorities to protect present and future business interests
- Support Service Lines and Finance teams in collections by maintaining and managing client relationships at the senior influential level
- Work with the Service Lines in country to build marketing, commercial and customer strategies to ensure volume retention and growth
- Develop sales plans.
- Develop marketing campaigns to support sales growth and customer retention
- Identify market opportunities and propose innovative solutions, products and services to be developed by the global “Solutions and Innovation” team
- Measure and assess customer satisfaction and take corrective actions with subject team
- Lead, motivate and develop country teams, setting the leadership benchmark across the country
- Support instilling Averda’s culture and values conducive to promote positive work environment and an enhanced employee value proposition
- Develop and maintain teamwork amongst country, region and global teams that promote the sharing of ideas and best practices, especially through the “advisory networks”
- Direct performance management and support instilling the culture of meritocracy
- Support candidates’ sourcing and selection for country positions across all teams.
- Support global Human Resources function in developing succession planning. Support career development and rotation programmes
|Job Location:||Muscat, Oman|
|Company Industry:||Heavy Industry & Metallurgy|