PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The Global Philanthropy team looking for a talented and experienced Global Philanthropy Manager to be based in Dubai which have been identified as priority location for the establishment and growth of WFP’s Global Philanthropy pipeline at the $1M+ level. The position will be an integral part of the newly established Global Philanthropy team and will manage and optimize the impact and results of WFP’s portfolio of prospective global philanthropists across WFP markets globally. Growth from a new portfolio of UHNWIs is essential, therefore this role will take the lead in partnership with the Head of Global Philanthropy, to identify and capitalise on new business opportunities at the highest level to drive forward cultivation strategies within geographic markets identified.
The position is responsible for managing and leading pillars of the Global Philanthropy Ultra High Net Worth Individual (UHNWI) engagement strategy, with a focus on creating an overarching portfolio of high level offers and a communication strategy for a UHNWI audience. This will include working in partnership with WFP’s Programme and Communications teams at the highest level.
This role will work closely with the High Value Individual Giving Team, Corporate Business Development function and the WFP Foundations Team to ensure alignment and cross team working is established to drive UHNWI prospecting and partnership development; developing strategies and criteria for UHNWI supporter journeys and uplift.
ACCOUNTABILITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Lead on prospecting and approaches to UHNWIs in the United Arab Emirates as a key component of driving WFP’s UHNWI strategy implementation, partnership maximization, and revenue growth. Provide guidance and support to the team in establishing clear individual KPIs, objectives, goals, and timelines.
- Develop and oversee cultivation strategies, including identifying the need for and then facilitating meetings between senior WFP and UHNWI’s for highest value partnerships; communicating with, presenting to and influencing key stakeholders at all levels of the partner organization, including executive and C-suite level.
- Oversee the impact assessment, reporting and communications, particularly for high value partnerships, ensuring accurate representation of achievements and progress.
- Liaise with both technical and field-based colleagues around WFP, to ensure compelling cases for support are created at the $1M+ level, supporting the removal of blocks where needed.
- Work with other teams to leverage, support and lead high level cultivation opportunities, including events, conferences, forums, panels, and roundtables. Ensure WFP is positioned as a”go-to” organization for partnerships with UHNWIs.
- Collaborate with other areas across the organization to develop effective customized communication materials that speak to the motivations of a UHNWI audience, as well as materials to support senior leadership meetings to grow existing partners.
- Support the Head of Philanthropy on the overall delivery of the UHNWI strategy including driving forward the establishment of a senior level external Advisory Committee and delivering toward WFP’s newly established crypto currency pilot.
- Provide strategic input and support colleagues in markets engaging with high value prospects to foster collaboration and to promote a culture of engagement with philanthropists and UHNWIs.
- Ability to establish priorities and balance competing assignments, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision within their designated geographic markets, as the sole Philanthropy member of team in the local operational hub and region.
- Lead on the deployment of the philanthropy strategy in WFP’s Gulf region and exploration of the Middle East and Northern Africa (MENA) key markets; identify potential partners to scale income generation in an effective and efficient way; lead on prospecting efforts and opportunities across the markets in the region.
- Monitor competitor performance, trends and development in philanthropy in the regions of focus to secure and facilitate sharing of best practice.
- Maintain a network of key influencers in multiple geographic markets in order to identify the strongest potential opportunities and markets for philanthropy new business
DELIVERABLES AT THE END OF THE CONTRACT
- Delivery and execution of the newly established Global Philanthropy strategy with a focus on income delivery over a two-year period.
- Development of a high value and realistic prospect pipeline of UHNW potential donors with a focus on key markets, in collaboration with the Head of Global Philanthropy.
- Creation and delivery of stewardship plans for UHNWIs engagement. Make recommendations on connections and possible pathways to prospects and use own networks to identify and drive forward approaches, working in collaboration with the Head of Global Philanthropy and local colleagues.
- Carry out 22 prospects/donors meeting (2 per month) in order to advance new relationships with UHNWI forward during the duration of the contract.
- Uplift in the number of warm UHNWI prospects in the WFP Global Philanthropy pipeline by leading on approaches to new and lapsed prospects for $1M+ income delivery in the future.
- Creation of clear, user-friendly processes for working with UHNWIs across the division; guidelines, expertise and culture in engaging with UHNWIs is developed within the division.
- Contribute towards the creation of a suite of compelling and high-level cases for support, programmatic and global stewardship offers suited for the UHNWI audience.
- Collaborative engagement with supporting WFP teams, including Communications, Partnerships, Programmes and Legal.
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Company Industry:||Non-profit Organization|