- Responsible for the compilation and indexing of Work Dossiers which shall provide a complete record of the Work and Facilities including, Procurement, Construction, Certification, Installation, Mechanical Completion and Hand-over.
- Prepare and submit for approval proposed format and content for Completion Dossiers in line with the projectspecification requirements.
- Ensure that Supplier Dossiers have been prepared and are indexed as per Contract andRegulatory Authority requirements for submittal to the concerned QFZA Departments, FM / Operator & / or Tenants for each item of plant, equipment, building, material etc. incorporated into the Work.
- Ensure that all required Engineering, Vendor, Operations Related, Safety/Environmental, Fabrication / Construction, CompletionCertificates, As-Built, Project, Supplier, Warranties & Guarantees, Maintenance and Regulatory Approval Documents and Certification are identified and suitably endorsed as per Contract where required for final Hand Over.
- Assist in preparation of Services Contracts and Projects P
- Superviseand provide technical guidance to personnel assigned to projects or tasks within area of responsibility.
- Participate in the Walk downs of the facilities and systems with the FM, Operator,Tenants …and others.
Ensure that the following are completed:
- The system operating guides.
- The startup operating guides.
- All Testing and Commissioning
- The operating outline procedures and maintenance manuals for the project.
- Handover archives.
- Sub System documentation.
- Advise the management team of the status of documentation in a timely manner.
- Civil Defence and other local authorities / departments.
- Prepare integration of these procedures within the current operation team and work procedures.
- Raise, maintain and track Punch/Snag Lists, and ensuring the Contractor and their sub-contractors/ Vendors to rectify Punch/Snag List Items.
- Chase system completions in line with the commissioning programme.
- Chase Vendor’s for necessary information on time for the system handover Schedule.
- Review and audit Vendor / Sub contractor Information, including Test Packs and Equipment Test Packs.
- Communicate with staff throughout the project ensuring the Quality System is being adhered to and being executed properly.
- Extend technical support to delegated Projects on handover matters during detailed engineering, procurement, fabrication, testing, installation and commissioning stages of projects, which may involve site visits. Review and comment on start-up procedures and Operating and Maintenance manuals.
- Organize, schedule and conduct, in a structured and safe manner, the duties and responsibilities for all areas of the holistic handing over of buildings / projects covered in both building and infrastructures sectors; with the approach that QFZAconsiders handover to be an all-inclusive process and formalizes review and integration of all project expectations during the planning, design, construction, and occupancy phases of the facility by audit, inspection and functional performance testing, oversight of operator training and record documentation.
- Review, for delegated projects, design objectives and intent with the designers and ensure the handover process is understood by each team member and that this process is clearly documented;
- Contribute towards updating and enhancing discipline engineering codes, standards, specifications, procedures, strategies and philosophies.
- Share accountability on delegated projects, with Manager (Testing & Commissioning) for all elements of testing and hand-over of systems and equipment for all building elements such as facades, air tightness, thermal testing, mechanical, electrical, civil, structural and other elements of the WORK, including all associated controls, systems, and devices.
- Ensure that professional and proper vendor trainings are provided by Contractors to Building end-users.
- Endorse on delegated projects, Material Requisitions (MRs), in relation to the handover function, for approval.
- Review on delegated projects, all pertinent approved shop drawings to support the handover process.
- Visit site regularly on delegated projects, duringconstruction, to inspect the progress of the construction with respect to the systems being engaged for handover and perform all necessary site observations.
- Review, on delegated projects, all training plans proposed by the Contractor.
- Collaborate with Manager (Testing & Commissioning) to facilitate a Lessons Learned Workshop and record all information.
- Initiate and participate in the training and development of Qatari Engineers.
- Keep abreast of current regulations of Local and National authorities;
- Participate in technology development reviews to disseminate latest relevant technologies and technical reviews, at key stages of Project execution and of Project definition, if necessary;
- Support during construction. Attend progress meetings, if required;
- Participate, as a member, in Health, Safety and Environment review team;
- Extend help to Manager & Engineers in evaluating and negotiating on contractors’ additional cost and time claims arising throughout the duration of the contract and extending to completion related to his area of responsibility.
Frequent internal contact with Manager, Architect, Engineers, Site Engineers, Contract, Planning and Commercial Staff.
Frequent contact with contractors, sub-contractors, suppliers, vendors, manufacturers, production facilities, assembly plants, distributors and agents, warehouses etc.
Contacts and liaises with Facility Management and Development Departments and/ or other clients (if required) and incorporates their inputs into the design of buildings and facilities.
Build and maintain positive relationships throughout internal and external handover networks.
Operates within the framework of established performance specifications guided by, personally derived and approved identified Engineering codes, Practices and Procedures.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Company Industry:||Other Business Support Services|