• Plan, in consultation with managers, directions for the integrated provision of Library Services.
• Coordinate the library function for KCST and ensure that policies and strategies are aligned to the achievement of corporate goals
• Establishing and applying benchmarks to ensure effective operation of library facilities.
• Represent Library Services in organizational forums and contribute to organizational planning from a Student Services perspective
• Responsible to set up digital library/e-library supporting KCST management in selection of supplier.
• Lead implementation of library management system.
• Select, develop, catalog, and classify library resources using library and information software.
• Create, update and manage electronic and printed information resources.
• Assists students, faculty and staff with finding and recommending source materials as well as determining what type of materials they need.
• Answer to readers’ queries and quickly identify the needs of patrons and do so with precision.
• Assist readers to use computer equipment, conduct literature searches etc.
• Hands on experience and knowledge in using library systems and specialist computer applications.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with academic staff and students
• Liaise with external organizations and suppliers.
• Ensure that library services meet the needs of particular group of users (eg. Staffs, post graduate students, disabled students)
• Manage budgets and resources.
• Ability to think analytically and to develop new or revised systems, library system and procedures, and work flow.
• Ability to prepare comprehensive reports and present ideas clearly and concisely in written and oral form.
• Promote library’s resources to users.
• Code, classify, and catalog books, publications, films, audiovisual aids, and other library materials based on subject matter or standard library classification systems for convenient access.
• Locate unusual or unique information in response to specific requests.
• Direct and train library staff in duties such as receiving, shelving, researching, cataloging, and equipment use.
• Respond to customer complaints, taking action as necessary.
• Evaluate materials to determine outdated or unused items to be discarded.
• Develop information access aids such as indexes and annotated bibliographies, web pages, electronic pathfinders, and on-line tutorials.
• Assemble and arrange display materials.
• Compile lists of overdue materials, and notify borrowers that their materials are overdue.
• Develop and index databases that provide information for library users.
• Negotiate contracts for library services, materials, and equipment.
• Provide input into the architectural planning of library facilities.
|Job Location:||Al Jahra, Kuwait|
|Company Industry:||Education, Training, and Library|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|