HSE Manager – Qatar
Safety Key Accountabilities:
• Monitoring and overall responsible for Environmental, Health & safety in Company Projects.
• Approve Mock Drills and Actions for Safety / Environmental violations.
• To develop, implement and monitor Company Occupational Health and Safety Policy, Programs, and Procedures;
• To assist the company in complying with current health and safety legislation QCS / LABOUR LAW and/or regulations with the objective of ensuring that all reasonable and proper measures are taken to protect the safety and health of employees staff and visitors;
• To increase health and safety awareness at all levels within the organization;
• To investigate and report on all serious/critical personal injury accidents occurring to employees, staff and/or visitors to the appropriate site-related senior manager and HSE manager, and to assist in the investigation of all accidents/incidents that result in substantial damage to vehicles and property;
• To investigate and report on complaints of hazardous working conditions to the HSE manager and HSE Supervisor and/or other appropriate senior staff;
• To respond to employees’ safety concerns;
• To conduct, as necessary, the safety inspection of any company facility;
• To assist the Company Joint Occupational Health & Safety Committees;
• To respond to fires and other emergencies on or about company property;
• To coordinate registration and removal of hazardous waste;
• To receive reports from and respond to orders issued by Ministry of Labour inspectors;
• To arrange for Occupational Health and Safety testing and/or evaluations of the workplace by external agencies/consultants as may be necessary;
• To act as liaison with all related governmental bodies and regulating agencies in support of the HSE manager
• To coordinate the training of personnel in areas of safety, including first aid, CPR, accident prevention and investigation, workplace inspections and other matters related to implementing safety procedures in Company facilities;
• To coordinate emergency procedures and act as the emergency on-site coordinator;
• To assist executive staff, senior administrators, and supervisors in emergency preparedness;
• To develop, review, and update appropriate sections of the Emergency Procedures Manual;
• To liaise with site-related engineers supervisors in Emergency planning, update plans, organize exercises and evaluate procedures;
Role & Responsibilities:
• Directs the resources and activities of the Department to support the HSE programs by providing advice and guidance to the Company Senior Management.
• Continually maintain an appropriate level of awareness, knowledge and preparedness across the Department to create a culture that prioritizes effective HSE and balances overall associated costs.
• Review internal HSE policies and practices to ensure they are current and appropriate with the latest national and international practice; conduct hazard and risk assessments and change existing, or develop new recommendations from these assessments.
• Responsible for the staffing and directing the HSE Department, including all Field Safety staff, and coordinate training programs which will increase proficiency in safe practices and promote HSE consciousness.
• Provide regular written reports, as well as other production-related results and updates to the Senior Management.
• Assist project team in investigation of all project incidents and ensure proper records are completed and submitted.
• Actively participate in the scheduling of safety meetings across Company site locations to review HSE performance and policies.
• Address specific reporting and recordkeeping requirements of OSHA, EPA, etc., as well as other pertinent safety/regulatory compliance matters and to ensure project sites are in compliance.
• To carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Company’s Policies & Procedures and any applicable state and federal laws.
||Construction and Building