The HV System Engineer will maintain, develop and integrate HV System operations, maintenance shutdowns and coordination with utilities companies on behalf of our clients, along with coordinating the maintenance of other MEP System maintenance.
The HV System Engineer is to assist the SFM with fulfilling the needs of our clients by providing timely, precise, appropriate, and thorough service.
You will ensure contract KPI’s are achieved as a minimum, statutory certification is maintained, governance structures mirror international best practices, and learning and continuous improvement culture is inculcated and developed in the FM team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in site visits for MEP Business Development Opportunities.
- Developing robust and efficient operational solutions utilising the self-delivery team and approved sub-contractors.
- Develop scope of works for HV Systems’ and MEP system sub-contracted services to enable the Business Development team to obtain quotations and undertake technical evaluation of proposed HV system sub-contractors during PQQ and Tendering process.
- Lead the team when carrying out maintenance to all types of MV/HV equipment such as HV switchgear, circuit breakers, isolators, switches and transformers.
- Troubleshoot and repair overhead and underground distribution systems, including transformers, circuit interrupters, reclosers, capacitors, voltage regulators, medium voltage switches, and supporting hardware.
- Replace and install medium voltage overhead and underground electrical circuits and terminations.
- Operate various components on the medium and high voltage distribution electrical system including isolation switches, interrupters, capacitor banks, transformers, overhead fused cutouts, and voltage regulators; isolates and clears sections of the system for maintenance, installation and load shedding.
- Inspect overhead and underground distribution systems, tests and documents findings.
- Respond to emergency calls and takes necessary action.
- Provide support for in-house commissioning, testing and inspecting of completed work.
- Direct the work of unskilled and semi-skilled helpers assisting in projects, assuring that proper safety practices are followed.
- Operate a variety of testing, calibration and repair devices, tools and equipment including voltmeters, ammeters, ohmmeters, insulation resistance testers, high potential test sets, circuit breaker testers, etc.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems and components using test equipment and hand tools to identify the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Follow maintenance planning schedules in consultation with the HV Consultant.
- Quickly identify and rectify problems and escalate as necessary.
- Assist to respond to reported issues and coordinate efficient and effective responses within contractual service level agreements.
- Other duties as required.
- Required to work hours to meet operational needs
- Be a primary contact to assigned clients and report their needs, concerns, or requests to the Senior FM
- Update drawings to reflect as-built conditions
- Clean and organize assigned working areas and tools
- Acquire material quotes and place orders from vendors as directed
- Represent the Company at project design and construction meetings
- Deliver a positive Customer relationship with Clients, users, occupiers and all stakeholders
- Establish and maintain a close working relationship with the Client and their representatives
- Conduct work and interact with clients in a professional, conscientious, and sensitive manner.
- Attend 1 on 1 meetings with the Senior Facilities Manager
- Attend Client Meetings
- Provide proactive and effective support to all site staff that enables a cohesive and positive working environment and ensures a high level of staff satisfaction.
- Actively promote teamwork within the team, contract and business.
- Take accountability for driving achievements ensuring the results are in line with client, contract and business goals
- Participate in work related team meetings and activities as required
Health & Safety Responsibilities:
- All employees shall conduct their duties in a safe manner and in accordance with Company policies and procedure.
- In particular, staffs are encouraged to take reasonable care of themselves and others and report any unsafe acts / condition immediately to Supervisor / Line Manager / HSE representative without delay.
- Be aware of and adhere to the policies and procedures posted on Utopia.
- Be aware of responsibilities and actions in case of emergency circumstances.
- Report any accident / incident / near miss immediately to Line Manager / HSE representative without delay.
- Contribute towards Zero accidents / incidents.
- Promote awareness and contribute towards Corporate HSE & Quality policies implementation.
- Ensure appropriate QHSE records are maintained at sites / departments.
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Company Industry:||Facilities & Property Management|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|