The HV Technician will be responsible for the maintenance and repair of the HV network and assisting with attending to reactive calls, completing scheduled preventative routine maintenance tasks and be on call as required of Inspire Integrated under the terms of the contract with the client.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out maintenance to all types of MV/HV equipment such as HV switchgear, circuit breakers, isolators, switches and transformers.
- Troubleshoot and repair overhead and underground distribution systems, including transformers, circuit interrupters, re-closers, capacitors, voltage regulators, medium voltage switches, and supporting hardware.
- Replace and install medium voltage overhead and underground electrical circuits and terminations.
- Operate various components on the medium and high voltage distribution electrical system including isolation switches, interrupters, capacitor banks, transformers, overhead fused cutouts, and voltage regulators; isolates and clears sections of the system for maintenance, installation and load shedding.
- Inspect overhead and underground distribution systems, tests and documents findings. Respond to emergency calls and takes necessary action.
- Provide support for in-house commissioning, testing and inspecting of completed work.
- Direct the work of unskilled and semi-skilled helpers assisting in projects, assuring that proper safety practices are followed.
- Operate a variety of testing, calibration and repair devices, tools and equipment including voltmeters, ammeters, ohmmeters, insulation resistance testers, high potential test sets, circuit breaker testers, etc.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems and components using test equipment and hand tools to identify the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Follow maintenance planning schedules in consultation with the MEP Engineer.
- Quickly identify and rectify problems and escalate as necessary.
- Assist to respond to reported issues and coordinate efficient and effective responses within contractual service level agreements. Other duties as required.
- Required to work hours to meet operational needs
Health and Safety Responsibilities:
- Attend training/TBT/briefings on a regular basis/as applicable.
- Be aware of work place hazards/environmental aspects and controls.
- Ensure to conduct your duties in a safe manner and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- In particular, staffs are encouraged to take reasonable care of themselves and others and report any unsafe acts/condition to their line manager/HSE representative without delay.
- Be aware of and adhere to the company policies and procedures posted on the notice boards or as communicated via tool box talks or HSE briefings.
- Use appropriate personal protective equipment for the type of work being performed. Be aware of responsibilities and actions in case of emergency circumstances.
- Report any accident/incident/near misses immediately to line manager/HSE representative without delay, carry out initial investigation and be available to support any further investigation as necessary.
- Create awareness of and contribute towards zero accidents/incidents.
- Always ask if in doubt stop the task immediately, seek assistance and report to their immediate line manager.
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Job Role:||Maintenance, Repair, and Technician|
|Company Industry:||Facilities & Property Management|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|
|Degree:||High school or equivalent|