Role PurposeThe Information Security Supervisor is responsible for safeguarding information system assets by identifying and solving potential and actual security problems.
Planning & Budgeting
• Supervise the execution of the department’s objectives, initiatives, plans, policies and procedures
• Support in developing the annual budget, including Financial and Human Resources requirements
• Supervise the day to day activities and operations of employees and ensure their adherence to the guidelines and responsibilities assigned to them and that all activities are being conducted properly
• Provide guidance and support to junior staff in the execution of their work and ensure proper knowledge transfer to develop them and improve their performance
• Manage and improve overall IT/Security Monitoring and Incident Response program using processes, procedures and automation
• Utilize security systems to detect, log and prevent unauthorized access and data loss• Coordinate incident response across multiple teams while providing technical assistance
• Oversee management and deployment of security infrastructure including Vulnerability Management, WAF, Network Monitoring, Logging correlation, DDOS prevention and IPS/IDS
• Perform security assessments based on OWASP, PCI and SOX compliance
• Conduct proof of concepts, vendor comparisons and recommend solutions in line with business requirements.
• Daily monitoring of security reports to identify issues and follow these issues to resolution
• Provide guidance to development teams on identified application vulnerabilities
• Oversee security projects and the security testing of new and existing applications.
• Provide technical guidance on compliance requirements• Manage and update Security Awareness program
• Work closely with Governance, Risk & Compliance teams
• Provide weekly and monthly Security awareness Events and Campaigns
• Perform scans and vulnerability remediation
• Prepare, maintain and deliver executive briefings on the Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M), IT security project plan, FISMA and OMB reports.
• Perform Security Testing and Evaluation (ST&E) on network systems and applications
• Operate and control Firewalls as per best practice
• Perform risk and threat assessment to include identifying critical IT assets, determining threats, reviewing vulnerabilities, evaluating risks and developing counter measures
Policies, Processes and Procedures
• Develop IT Security policies and procedures and support IT security training course materials.
• Provide guidance on System Security Plans (SSP) and Contingency Plans (CP)
• Monitor Vendors KPIs and ensure delivery as per agreed SLAs
• Conduct annual performance appraisal of direct subordinates to monitor their work performance and identify their training and developmental requirements
• Actively participate in on-the-job training, mentoring and coaching of subordinates
• Provide clear direction, prioritize tasks, assign and delegate responsibility and monitor the workflow
• Promote a high-performance working environment embracing SANS’s values
|Job Location:||Jeddah , Saudi Arabia|
|Job Role:||Information Technology|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|