What You’ll Be Doing:
Conducts inspections to determine if work has been done in accordance with contract specifications and may include any of the following:
- Demolition of transportation facilities (roads, streets, bridges etc.)
- Construction of roads, bridges, and other associated improvements (curb and gutter, street, sidewalk, landscaping)
- Drainage work, traffic control, compliance with SWPPP requirements
- Installation of electrical equipment related to traffic signals, ramp metering and street lighting
- Irrigation and planting, roadway and overhead sign removal and installation.
- Installation on temporary and permanent signs and delineation
- Installation of mechanical equipment
- Building and facility construction and associated site development
- Taking project photographs on a daily basis and filing them
- Maintains office files related to the project, quantity calculations and writes daily diaries.
- Prepares daily reports and other documentation, as required by the contract
- Verifies that only approved materials are incorporated in the work.
- Performs labor compliance interviews and maintains as-built plans.
- Recognizes potential conflicts, issues and problems, and reports to supervisor with proposed solution.
- Collects, reviews and files Certificate of Compliance, MSDS, inspection tags and other information relevant to the materials used.
- May provide technical guidance to lower-level inspectors.
- Coordinates work of subconsultants for surveying and material testing.
- Participates in the development of job safety practices and in the preparation of safety reports.
- Participates in the development of quality control reports and procedures.
- Reports on installed quantities to verify applications for payment and change order work.
- Responds to the call backs in case of emergency at the project site.
- May administer welder qualification tests.
|Job Location:||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
|Company Industry:||General Engineering Consultancy|