Conduct routine materials testing assignments, including testing asphalt, concrete, aggregate, soil and other common construction materials; operates, calibrates and maintains testing tools and equipment.
Technical Duties :
- Conduct construction material tests for concrete, soil, asphalt … etc., including determination of moisture content, liquid limit, plastic limit, particle density, particle size distribution, dry density … etc.
- Conduct aggregate tests including sieve analysis, fine passing, silt content, relative density & water absorption, bulk density, moisture content, L. A. Abrasion … etc.
- Conduct concrete tests including concrete mix design, determination of slump; density of compacted fresh concrete; test cubes from fresh concrete; density of hardened concrete, compressive strength of concrete … etc.
- Conduct building stone tests including flexural strength, modulus of rupture, compressive strength and absorption & bulk specific gravity.
- Conduct steel tests, tile tests, curbstone tests, bituminous mixture tests and bitumen tests.
- Ensure tests are carried out in accordance with relevant standards and procedures and performed in expedient and quality conscious manner.
- Inform Supervisor of any equipment defect break down.
- Use appropriate protective tools to ensure safety requirements are met.
- Ensure testing laboratory and equipment’s are clean and in orderly fashion.
- Test stores and logs samples; retrieves cylinders from field projects; and dispose tested samples.
- Monitor the operation, maintenance and calibration of lab equipment.
- Ensure proper disposal of lab waste.
- Any duties or responsibilities assigned by the management.
|Job Location:||Jeddah , Saudi Arabia|
|Job Role:||Maintenance, Repair, and Technician|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|