- Review all contractual agreements (clients, suppliers and service providers) of UPAC from legal point of view and provide legal opinion, in order to ensure adequacy of the same and alignment with UPAC’s best interest
- Review contracts that involve joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, tenders and bids, BOT contracts, SLAs, Initial Public Offering (IPO) and private placements from a legal standpoint, and recommend their acceptance or rejection.
- Review and revise all contracts before final signing and propose appropriate amendments to confirm with Company’s interests
- Work with relevant teams to develop contracts based on client need, draft and execute agreements and contracts as requested.
- Maintain a track record of all company contacts and follow up on renewals and terminations of leases and due payments.
- Provide advice on all legal matters to protect Company’s interest by ensuring compliance with all applicable statute, rules and regulations and minimize liability, while highlighting the legal risks.
- Provide full supervision on lawsuits filed by and against the company including representation of the company at the courts, MOI and all other governmental bodies.
- Advice management and various departments on all new updates on legal matters and new applicable laws, in addition to keep them informed about all legislations affecting Company’s activities.
- Provide recommendation regarding risk mitigation tactics to the management, based on expertise and research conducted on pending legal issues and risks.
- Liaise with all departments to ensure that all legal risks have been identified and prepare necessary action plans to mitigate identified risks.
- Propose, draft and review internal policies and preventive law and compliance policies to reduce company exposure to legal risk and assist with HR matters, compliance matters.
- Implement the Legal Department’s policies and procedures and comply with Company’s other policies.
- Work with Finance Department to prepare annul budgetary forecast and ensure that the same is adhered to.
- Consult with external law firms in order to obtain legal advice where necessary in Commercial Law, Regulatory Law, International Law, CMA Regulations and Kuwait Stock Exchange.
- Attend Board meetings and other external meetings required to offer legal opinion on discussed issues, as requested.
- Coordinate with UPAC’s outsourced legal offices and teams as the main point of contact
- Perform ad-hoc and other duties related to the job as assigned by CEO.
- To adhere to the UPAC’s policies and procedures and to be accountable for following and implementing the Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental international standards (QHSE) with is related to ISO 9001, 14001 and 18001.
|Job Location:||Al Farawaniyah, Kuwait|
|Company Industry:||Real Estate; Airlines/Aviation; Retail/Wholesale|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|