Responsible for making all repairs of surfaces and structures, construction of buildings and structures including concrete and brick as required of Inspire Integrated under the terms of the contract with the client.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertake activities as required and delegated from team leader and management such as; Preparing surfaces prior to starting work.
- Fabricates, alters, repairs and maintains walls and small structures, footpaths, street curbs, floors, bathrooms, , tiled areas, showers, sink counters, partitions, manholes and other related structures or surfaces.
- Lays blocks or bricks following plans or drawings.
- Lays out work using chalk lines, plumb bobs, tapes, squares and levels. Mixes cement using cement mixing equipment, and/or hand tools.
- Cuts or breaks bricks and concrete using hammers, powered abrasive saws, paving breakers, drills and/or hand tools.
- Moulds expansion joints and edges using edging tools, joiners and straightedge.
- Completing scheduled maintenance checks.
- Complying with all safety procedures, working regulations and standard operating procedures.
- Appropriate use and handling of building and repair equipment.
- Keeping a log of repair and maintenance works.
- Coordinating work functions with co-workers and other organizational departments.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Health and Safety Responsibilities:
- Attend training/TBT/briefings on a regular basis/as applicable
- Be aware of work place hazards/environmental aspects and controls.
- Ensure to conduct your duties in a safe manner and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- In particular, staffs are encouraged to take reasonable care of themselves and others and report any unsafe acts/condition to their line manager/HSE representative without delay.
- Be aware of and adhere to the company policies and procedures posted on the notice boards or as communicated via tool box talks or HSE briefings.
- Use appropriate personal protective equipment for the type of work being performed.
- Be aware of responsibilities and actions in case of emergency circumstances.
- Report any accident/incident/near misses immediately to line manager/HSE representative without delay, carry out initial investigation and be available to support any further investigation as necessary.
- Create awareness of and contribute towards zero accidents/incidents.
- Always ask if in doubt stop the task immediately, seek assistance and report to their immediate line manager.
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Job Role:||Maintenance, Repair, and Technician|
|Company Industry:||Facilities & Property Management|
|Career Level:||Entry Level|