• Undertakes the study of proposals to determine their feasibility and initiates, reviews and/or finalizes as appropriate detailed capital proposals.
• Prepares detailed technical specifications of facilities to be acquired and maintains the accuracy of such specifications as circumstances or requirements change during the inquiry, tender, review, procurement, manufacture, installation or commissioning periods.
• Prepares technical and commercial contract documents for plant and equipment supply and installation.
• Establishes plant layouts together with associated buildings and services in conjunction with others involved.
• Directs and co-ordinates as appropriate the design, manufacture, procurement, delivery, offloading, storage, installation and commissioning of engineering developments to ensure that all items are in accordance with specified requirement and that planned work programme is maintained.
• Liaises with maintenance to overcome repetitive maintenance problems.
• Ensures equipment and services drawings, operation and maintenance manuals are available and kept up to date.
• Prepares initial Planned Maintenance Schedule for new plant and liaises with planning department.
• Prepares initial spares lists for new equipment and establishes all stores stock information and data to allow subsequent re-order against competitive tender. Using historical equipment and services knowledge and statistics, adjusts and amends stockholding in line with actual requirements.
• Assists maintenance department in equipment fault diagnosis and the supervision of rectification work when necessary.
• Assists immediate supervisor in the compilation of maintenance and capital budgets.
• Assists purchasing department in the analysis of bids for plant, equipment and/or services.
• Assists stores department in the identification of spares and advises on the suitability of proprietary equivalents.
• Assists stores department in inspections of stock and non-stock items to ensure they comply with specifications.
• Acquires good all round knowledge of production processes, equipment and operating requirements sufficient to recognize mal-practices or equipment deficiencies and thus originate corrections and/or improvements.
• Be prepared to undertake visits both locally and internationally to act as Garmco’s engineering representative.
• When required to produce neat and concise engineering drawings conforming to accepted drawing office practices and relevant standards.
• Occasionally required to deputize for Maintenance Manager.
• Be prepared to cover the plant for any mechanical breakdown for a period of 1 week as a mechanical duty engineer. During that week weekend will be a normal working day.
• Carries out any other related work as assigned by supervisor.
• The job holder is required to perform his/her duties in a safe manner with due regard for the safety of his/her fellow workers and Company operations in accordance with GARMCO Safety Policy and Bahrain statutory regulations.
|Job Location:||Manama, Bahrain|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|