Responsible for all bakery, pastry & sweets production that are used in the restaurants. Develop menus, sweet purchase specifications and recipes. Supervise staff. Develop and monitor the sweet budget for the department. Maintain highest professional food quality and sanitation standards
- Plans sweet items for the menus for all outlets.
- Schedules and coordinates the work for preparation to assure that sweet preparation is economical and technically correct and within cost goals.
- Approves the requisition of products and other necessary sweet supplies.
- Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
- Establishes controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
- Safeguards all bakery, pastry & sweet preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation.
- Develops standard recipes and techniques for bakery, pastry & sweet preparation and presentation which help to assure consistently high quality and to minimize sweet costs; exercises portion control for all items served and assists in establishing menu selling prices.
- Create and prepare desserts in accordance with the existent menus;
- Creating of minis sandwiches & croissants to accompany different meals in restaurants;
- Decorate cakes and baked goods according to requirements;
- Plate desserts for serving;
- Inspect the quality of the ingredients and measure them for specific recipes;
- machinery selections matching the working needs,
- Sweet menu Development monthly, quarterly, yearly.
- Cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation.
- Evaluates food products to assure that quality standards are consistently attained.
- Evaluates products to assure that quality, price and related goods are consistently met.
- Establishes and maintains a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for the sweet section area and equipment.
- Provides training and professional development opportunities for the team.
- Perform other duties as directed.
|Job Location:||Al Kuwait, Kuwait|
|Job Role:||Hospitality and Tourism|
|Company Industry:||Wholesale & Import/Export Trade|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|