The scope of work includes the installation, demonstration, maintenance and trouble-shooting of equipment and facilities related to the Power Electronics Teaching Lab. This is a hands-on role which will have the Laboratory Assistant working closely with faculty and students in laboratories and workshops. The Laboratory Assistant sets up the lab in preparation for experiments, and maintain supplies and documentations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assists in the development of labs. Operational condition and maintenance of teaching equipment
2. Support students and faculty in using machines, tools and equipment within the laboratory
3. Supports faculty and students in resourcing and implementation phase of student projects, as required
4. Receives, installs and maintains laboratory equipment and supplies
5. Maintains a schedule of preventative maintenance for all equipment and keeps adequate manuals and maintenance logs for equipment and parts.
6. Provides teaching assistance to Engineering Technology Faculty during workshop & laboratory sessions.
7. Perform teaching duties as required.
8. Demonstrate the use of machines, tools and equipment within the lab.
9. Maintain consumable materials store and ensures adequate inventory levels for supplies.
10. Maintains systems and procedures to track borrowed equipment and tools
11. Observes and reinforces safety and housekeeping procedures and protocol within the laboratory
12. Performs other related duties as assigned by the Programme Chair.
|Job Location:||Al Jahra, Kuwait|
|Job Role:||Electrical Engineering|
|Company Industry:||Education, Training, and Library|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|