To ensure a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for the children placed in the school.
• Support the development of the children’s listening, language and communication skills whilst encouraging their interest in literature and imaginative play.
• Develop children’s physical awareness through games and play based activities
• To organize and lead activities to promote all areas of development, such as arts and crafts, music and singing, storytelling, imaginative play, games etc.
• To supervise, evaluate and instruct teaching assistants and nanny’s.
• Ensure the safety of children at all times
• To encourage children to use a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate and use, both in learning activities and imaginative play.
• To be responsible for taking a daily register of children in attendance
• to teach basic personal hygiene, proper eating habits and social skills.
• Establish and re-enforce rules for acceptable behavior and procedures for maintaining order.
• Prepare weekly lesson plan based on nursery topics and curriculum.
• Prepare materials, class activities and classroom for daily activities.
• Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet children’s varying needs and interests. Giving them an opportunity to observe, question and investigate.
• Establish clear objectives for all lessons and projects, and communicate those objectives to children. Demonstrate activities to children.
• Observe and evaluate children’s performance, behavior, social development, physical development and physical health.
• Prepare reports on pupils plus portfolio of children’s work each term.
• Prepare adequate material and information for teaching assistant or substitute teacher in case of illness. Lessons must be planned weekly and a copy given to the Management to ensure the smooth running of the class for any unplanned absences.
• Identify children showing signs of emotional, developmental, or health problems and discuss them initially with nurse and further with the Management, parents or guardians. If required a Child Development specialist.
• Meet with parents and guardians to discuss their children’s progress and needs, determine their priorities for their children and suggest ways they can promote learning and development.
• Organize and label displays of children’s work.
• Supervise indoor and outdoor play and to facilitate creative play, motor skills activities and safety.
• Attend weekly staff meetings and any training workshops.
• Confer with other staff members to plan weekly activities to promote learning based on the topics and curriculum.
• Participate in staff teamwork.
• Attend special functions if required outside of the normal school day.
• Work alongside the Management and staff team to ensure that the nursery’s policies and philosophy is fulfilled.
|Job Location:||Al Kuwait, Kuwait|
|Job Role:||Teaching and Academics|
|Company Industry:||Business Consultancy Services|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|