The role of the Production Director Opera is to provide strategic direction and delivery of the expo commissioned opera. The Production Director is responsible for leading the opera project across the various collaborators and producers through a dedicated team of professionals, and to manage, direct and steer the opera to ensure we deliver a truly great Expo with a meaningful legacy. The Production Director will with in collaboration with the Opera Creative Director – Advisor to ensure the creative process is seamlessly woven into the delivery.
Main responsibilites for this role include:
– Direct and manage the delivery process for the function and agree this with the VP Arts and Culture;
– Provide comprehensive administrative, logistical and project management support to guarantee the successful implementation and execution of approved key projects milestones, tasks and objectives to ensure the successful delivery of the commissioned opera;
– Provide comprehensive line management to both the Atelier Manager and the Opera Manager Education and Outreach;
– Organise, lead and manage the project delivery across all aspects of the opera with internal key stakeholders, including but not limited to Marketing, Communications, IOO, Narrative Lab, Community Engagement, Procurement, Contracts, Finance and Legal.
– Continuously manage the development and delivery of culture activities and content related to the opera to ensure a compelling cultural platform for expo 2020 with a lasting legacy;
– Proactively champion the opera to the different stakeholders, to ensure it rallies their interest and translates into compelling experiences, initiatives and presentations;
– Set up and manage a risk management practice to ensure all the projects follow a risk identification and mitigation best practises. Ensure all major risks are identified and reported to management in a timely manner;
– Lead and ensure comprehensive management and cost control of the approved budget for the opera, education and outreach, atelier and all associated opera activities and initiatives;
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|