The Quality Control managers is responsible for managing quality and safety standards of food products and food manufacturing. He is responsible for ensuring that food products meet standards set by both their companies and regulatory authorities. Develop and review quality and safety policies and manage audits by third-party inspectors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and direction to front line quality & production management.
- Implement manufacturing process standards for all production facilities.
- Assist with annual planning of quality scoreboard KPIs.
- Manage government license and permit requirements.
- Ensure plant and facility operations are in compliance with all environmental regulation.
- Ensure products meet company, clients, and regulatory requirements for quality and food safety
- Audit against internal standard operating procedures
- Supervises the creation and implementations of the CSC Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) program
- Review all HACCP and regulatory documentation for required record review and ensure regulatory compliance
- Oversees the development, implementation, review and maintenance of the Safe Quality Food (SQF) System
- Oversee and perform daily pre-operational inspections
- Takes appropriate action to maintain the integrity of the SQF System
- Tracks and orders QA supplies used in daily monitoring activities
- Assist in development and delivery of quality training programs.
- Creates inspection schedule and performs monthly sanitation & quality self-assessment inspections
- Work with other employees to resolve any quality non-compliance issues in a timely manner
- Provides expertise for cleaning and sanitation in the production areas
- Provide technical support training for sanitation testing protocols and other testing protocols as they relate to product quality and performance
- Inspect sanitation procedures regularly to assure proper steps are being followed
- Maintain all required documentation and records, including cleaning documentation, time and temperature charts, and employee training
- Manage proper storage and usage of cleaning and Sanitation Chemicals
- Coordinate sanitation shift staffing, working with managers and supervisors to develop schedules that ensures equipment and the CSC is being cleaned properly
- Evaluates efficiencies to maximize equipment and personnel
- Oversee production schedules to ensure sufficient inventory
- Maintains Production records making sure they are available for inspectors
- Works directly with suppliers and purchasing to order ingredient and maintaining inventory for production
- Oversee proper use of production equipment to ensure safety of workers
- Assure proper maintenance of equipment
- Conducts 100% quality inspections for the fresh products and delivery quality inspections for all produce lines.
- Identifies non-conforming produce and initiate associated non-conformance documentation.
- Conducts shelf life analysis throughout the life cycle of incoming produce.
- Plans, assigns and directs work; appraises performance; addresses and resolves problems on a daily basis.
- Troubleshoots issues, monitor compliance for ISO 22000:2005 (receiving, storage and dispatch, returns) and enforce Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Hygiene Practices (GHP).
- Monitors Food item rotation, nearing shelf life and disposition of damaged stock, and reports deviations promptly and recommends corrective actions.
- Inspects and document Product Returns on receiving and follow up segregation and disposal of damages.
- Communicates and works closely with all departments to achieve quality standards, identify food safety and process improvements and communicate recommendations.
- Investigates customer complaints, and conduct case audits.
- Generates daily activity report and issue quality reports to be supported with percentage claims for received damages.
- Plans and conducts surprise visits in the market, co-ops, etc.to check for compliance.
- Conducts regular instore inspections to asses’ food quality.
- Trains the preparation team on regular basis for maintaining high quality standards as per ISO 22000:2005 for food and safety.
- Responsible for monitoring, and programing critical control points (CCP).
- Responsible for monitoring and product food safety and quality throughout the manufacturing process.
- Responsible for performing sanitation verification and allergen testing on equipment and other areas required.
- Responsible for the correct recording and filing of all relevant record logs and Documentation.
- Ensures the correct recipe guidelines for products are met during processing.
- Ensures employees are following all Food Safety and worker safety practices.
- Perform inspections on Products, Equipment and Machinery in the central kitchen.
- Implement Quality Inspection Instructions and Prepare required Documentation.
- Inspects all incoming products and documents receiving details for conformance to company specifications.
- Report and communicate deficiencies to Supervisor on issues what’s coming in at the time of receiving.
- Inspects the fresh products (Veg, Fruits & food) based on ISO 22000 standards.
- Report any accidents and safety concerns to the management.
- Monitor segregation of the produce and record disposal of waste generated.
- Support in conducting regular shelf life cycle throughout the life cycle of the produce in the kitchen.
- Any other tasks required by direct manager.
|Job Location:||Al Kuwait, Kuwait|
|Job Role:||Quality Control|
|Company Industry:||Other Business Support Services|