Second Abu Dhabi Week in India begins activities in Mumbai

MUMBAI, 8th February, 2018 (WAM) — The second Abu Dhabi Week in India, which was launched by the Economic Development Department-Abu Dhabi on Monday in the Indian capital, New Delhi, began its activities in Mumbai today and will end tomorrow.

The first day of the week’s activities in Mumbai included workshops and meetings between officials from public and private institutions from Abu Dhabi and India, to introduce the available opportunities and incentives provided by the emirate and its attractiveness to those wishing to establish and manage economic and investment projects.

The Abu Dhabi Water and Electricity Authority, ADWEA, declared its plan to launch a major water desalination project that utilises reverse osmosis technology, with an estimated cost of AED4.4 billion (US$1.2 billion), which will start production in 2021-2022.

During his meeting with consultants and representatives of Indian companies that specialise in electricity and energy, Eng. Abdullah Mohammed Al Khumairi, Acting Director of the Development and Planning Administration and Head of the ADWEA Delegation, stated that the authority invited all conglomerates and developers to express their interest in the project, based on its unique production model and as part of its privatisation programmes with private sector partners.

ADWEA highlighted the fact that it will own 60 percent of the project while private sector developers will own the remaining 40 percent, with the aim of providing drinking water in Abu Dhabi and supporting government initiatives to reduce related sector costs, by using the efficient and competitive reverse osmosis technology.

Al Khumairi added that the project will guarantee the development, funding, establishment, operation, maintenance and ownership of the seawater desalination plant that utilises reverse osmosis technology, which will have a daily production capacity of 200 million gallons of water, as well as a related infrastructure project, the Al Taweelah Water and Electricity Complex in Abu Dhabi, located 45 kilometres from Northern Abu Dhabi and whose commercial operations are expected to begin in October 2021.

Al Khumairi briefed the Indian companies about the sector’s privatisation programmes and available international partnerships, as well as the launch of the largest solar energy plant project in the world, the Nour Abu Dhabi Plant in Suwaihan.

Avatar

WAM

About Author

In November 1976, the United Arab Emirates agreed to set up the Emirates News Agency, WAM, to communicate news and information about the nascent state. On 18th June, 1977, WAM began to fullfil its professional mandate by transmitting UAE news to the rest of the world, covering all aspects of its political, economic and social development. The data on this website is federated through WAM.AE RSS Feeds. This website is not affiliated with WAM and you are requested to always view the latest articles and updates directly from the source website.

You may also like

ADFF Introduces New Award for Environmental Films

  • Sep 09, 2011
WAM Abu Dhabi, Sept. 6th, 2011 (WAM) -- The Abu Dhabi Film Festival (ADFF), organized by Abu Dhabi Authority for

DCL analyzes thousands of food and environmental samples

  • Sep 09, 2011
Tue 06-09-2011 22:08 PM WAM Dubai, Sept. 6th, 2011 (WAM) -- Food and Environment Laboratory Section of Dubai Central Laboratory