Parsons is actively seeking a highly motivated Senior Architect, Urban Design or Master Planning professional for employment in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. This position offers the opportunity to serve as the Senior Architect on the Al Maryah Island Master Development Program Management Office (PMO), as well as Community Manager. The business purpose of the PMO is to mange the client’s administrative, master planning, health, safety, and environmental, project controls, construction management, and support services on all capital expenditure projects, and operational expenditure projects directly as well as third-party developments included in the detailed master plan. This position offers a tremendous opportunity for professional growth and client, governmental exposure as the candidate will be managing major master planning, design, and third-party development coordination aspects of the client’s program, while simultaneously managing a small but highly experienced team of subject matter experts. This position will require not only managerial duties, but also technical skills as the role calls for working alongside the junior team members on deliverables. This program has been in place for 8 years and is planned to continue with the client’s Vision 2030 plan..
- Technically consult and strategize with the Master Developer using knowledge gained from their suite of governing documents i.e. Detailed Master Plan, the Traffic Master Plan, and experience gained as an industry professional to proactively further development of their
- Master Plan, Business Portfolio Strategy while simultaneously protecting their interests.
- Lead technical meetings both internally and externally regarding the various development within the Master Plan as well as the developments adjacent which impact it in any way.
- Manage subcontracted technical consultants to deliver on contracted scope of work
- Create technical scope of work, and detailed deliverables for the client to procure technical consultants to create, update and/or manage the requirements of the Master Developer
- Curate, protect, and act as an Advocate of the Client (the Master Developer) to intelligently protect the Master Plan, and defend the technical aspects with any challenges made by the Authorities, and or Third-Party Developers.
- Review of third-party development plans and coordinate their validity against the Detailed Master Plan
- Coordination with Municipal Authorities to coordinate planning/permitting approvals
- Perform maintenance of and updates to the prioritization plan
- Develop all priority procurement packages required by the client
- Oversee and manage all community management contracts
- Perform periodic funding eligibility reviews
- Provide feedback on technical approach, as appropriate
- Attend design review meetings, progress update meetings, and other project-related meetings
- Track project performance for design
- Update Program Management Office Monthly Reports for the technical subsections
- Monitor and manage all staff Key Performance Indices in the technical subsections
- Assist with Detailed Master Plan updates
- Assist with Traffic Master Plan updates
- Assist with Reviewing client projects compliance to the Detailed Master Plan
- Assist with the third-party design development programs
- Responsible for the Review and Maintenance of the Request for Information responses and logs
- Assist to update the Program Risk Register and quarterly updates (only on technical disciplinary areas)
- Assist the Program Manager (PM) in managing the daily master planning operations of this contract.
- Assists the Program Manager by helping provide management, direction, administration, and quality assurance for the execution of the technical deliverables of the PMO contract.
- Assign tasks to technical personnel, supervise on-going technical efforts, and manage overall design performance to ensure optimal use of assigned resources and subcontractors and report into the Program Manager and/or the Client’s Executive Team.
- The Sr. Architect, Master Planner, Urban Designer is responsible for the quality and efficiency of the client’s technical submissions to the authorities as master developer, as well as submissions to Third-Party Developers.
- This role assists the Program Manager to ensure all technical contract requirements are performed in service to the client.
|Job Location:||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
|Company Industry:||General Engineering Consultancy|