Senior Food/Application Technologist (Bakery and Sweet Goods) for the Middle East – Dairy category is flexible/optional:
A Senior Application Technologist for our Flavours Creation and Application team in our Dubai office for Customers in the Middle East region, and to focus on our exciting Bakery and Sweet Goods categories – Your future position?
The Flavours Creation and Application (FC&A) organisation within Givaudan is at the forefront to discover and develop new creative ingredients and flavours for all kinds of food application focussing on the Beverages, Sweet Goods & Dairy, Snacks, Bakery, Savoury, Natural, and other exciting categories. We are a truly global organisation consisting of diverse experts from science, creation, application, and sensory science.
Application Technologists in Givaudan are specialists whose primary goal is to support Customers with providing them with suitable flavours for their applications and guide Flavourist’s in the flavour development process in particular. To do so, Application Technologists analyse current flavour trends, forecast future trends, and assess consumer preferences and apply flavours to end applications.
We are currently looking to expand our FC&A team for the Middle East and looking for a ‘Senior Application Technologist’ to focus on the Bakery and Sweet Goods categories; Dairy is currently an optional and flexible category for this role and will be decided later on based on the experience and skillsets of the person who will be hired for this role. Reporting to the Flavours Technical Manager for the Middle East region and based in our Dubai office, you will be a key player in our FC&A team and will mainly evaluate, develop, and apply flavours in food applications for Bakery and Sweet Goods applications and selecting the flavours for Customer projects in the Middle East region focussing on markets like UAE, Saudi Arabia, the rest of the GCC, Iran, Afghanistan, and Pakistan. You will contribute to our growth by demonstrating to our Customers in the Middle East the use and benefits of our flavours in Bakery & Sweet Goods applications. You will proactively and reactively work on internal and Customer briefs, but also come with proactive ideas to help our Customers to bring consumer preferred and differentiating products to the market.
Sounds interesting? It could well be your perfect opportunity if you love staying ahead of the curve, always aim to exceed customer needs, have a passion for food technology, and a discerning palate!
In this exciting role, you will:
1) Providing technical support for our Customers:
• Manage all technical communications with Customers in the Middle East region for Bakery and Sweet Goods applications, to help win briefs and delivery of projects.
• Develop concept presentations and present flavours and flavoured food products to Customers.
• Work with our Customer’s to optimise their recipes.
• Support our Customers in trial productions of new recipes or implementing solutions from Givaudan.
• Do Customer visits, presenting ready-to-consume products and to support with Customer trails.
2) Development and selection of flavours:
• Apply and evaluate flavours for Bakery and Sweet Goods for relevant briefs.
• Monitor flavour performance and stability.
• Select optimal flavours for projects according to all relevant requirements (taste profile, legislation, technical suitability, and costs).
• Prepare state-of-the-art flavoured products and samples for Customer presentations and capability demonstrations
• Identify appropriate flavour delivery systems and technologies.
• Translate market trends into new product concepts and developments.
• Support in developing new Sweet Goods and Bakery technologies, by working with the wider teams and Innovation Centres within the Middle East region and the wider Givaudan.
• Support marketing projects, train our commercial force, and Customers on our new capabilities.
4) Knowledge sharing and expertise:
• Be a technical expert and advisor to marketing, sales, flavour creation, and Customers for Bakery and Sweet Goods applications
• Establish relationships with our key Customer’s, and able to gain their trust and respect.
5) Maintain systems:
• Maintain the flavour performance data for the flavour portfolio through evaluation in finished products and capture of profiles.
6) Prioritise safety:
Maintain a safe, clean, and organised lab environment observing Givaudan safety policies and hold others accountable for following these guidelines.
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Job Role:||Research and Development|
|Company Industry:||Food & Beverage Production; FMCG; Chemicals Manufacture|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|