What You’ll Be Doing :
Using design guide standards identifies specific scope necessary to deliver IT Infrastructure systems, to include networking, cabling and telephony.
- Define Infrastructure requirements, research and solve customer problems. Implement and support of CISCO IP Telephony solutions. Support Enterprise Networking Hardware and configurations at the Data Center with Cisco equipment e.g. 6500 Series switches and routers.
- Configure setup and troubleshooting of IPSec, VPNs and point to point links, BGP, ASA and PIX Firewalls. Troubleshooting of Riverbed WAN Optimization devices.
- Works with the team to develop technical solution designs. Translate customer requirements into technical specifications in the areas of:
WAN Solution Voice Solutions LAN Solution Structured Cable Solution
Provides technical and labor estimates to complete project-based deliverables.
- Resolve regular everyday network problems related to LAN/WAN/IP Telephony reported through the Helpdesk. Provide 3rd line support for VOIP & Data networks. Troubleshoot major network performance/connectivity issues including internal and external application or devices.
Provide technical guidance in activities associated with the identification, prioritization, and resolution of reported problems either by telephone or on site. Activities include recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up steps to ensure root cause is determined and fixed.
- Configuring, support, troubleshooting and managing Cisco voice gateways. TDM based Nortel PABX systems, Monitor Network performance, recommend, or proactively act, to assure system performance meets requirements for continuity of service and service levels. Interface with the appropriate vendor/ enterprise resource to resolve network problems.
- Contribute to the documentation of technical specifications for small to medium-sized infrastructure systems. Provide oversight management of vendors for structured cabling.
Assist with network testing assignments and circuitry repairs designed to maximize operating apacity. Coordinate network repairs & Communicate with clients concerning scheduled maintenance and availability of the network.
Supervision Received – Senior IT Specialist, IT Infrastructure Manager
Supervision Given – None
Internal Contacts – GSS IS Colleagues, GBU IT Professionals, End-Users
External Contacts – Vendors and Suppliers
|Job Location:||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
|Job Role:||Information Technology|
|Company Industry:||General Engineering Consultancy|