To manage and oversee the engineering and projects related activities pertaining to plants, ETSs and PDNs in order to ensure timely execution of desired quality projects within budget. Lead research and development of new technology that would improve the plants and networks of Qatar Cool to sustain the competitive edge.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Develop and execute long-term strategic plan of the department in alignment with Qatar Cool’s corporate strategy.
- Develop annual business plans for the department to achieve financial and strategic objectives.
- Report to the CEO on the progress of activities against annual business plans and other business opportunities, etc. as required, to support decision-making.
- Manage and continuously monitor department’s performance to ensure deviations from target are identified in a timely manner, and required resources and actions are deployed to meet performance targets.
- Oversee department’s performance by managing individual performances of direct and indirect reports, defining workforce requirements, recruiting, training and developing talent, in conjunction with the Human Resources function, to achieve departmental objectives.
- Raise employee awareness and commitment to Qatar Cool’s vision, mission, values and corporate strategy in order to establish a highly engaged and motivated workforce, and continuously improve performance.
- Oversee projects, design, installation or improvement work by planning scope, requirements, schedule and budget of the projects to achieve the required objective.
- Select and review of appropriate design consultant (if any), defining the scope of works for design consultants, chairing design progress review meetings with various consultants and providing directions/decisions to enable consultants finalize their design.
- Liaise with outside contractors, consultants and ensure they comply with the rules, regulations, design criteria, customer requirements and ethics of Qatar Cool.
- Review of concept and detailed design prepared by the system designers to ensure alignment to quality standards and objectives.
- Research and keep updated with all new technology, e.g. Water chiller system technology that may be used for future use in Qatar. Develop strategies and business cases for new technology including how it will affect Qatar Cool as well as initiate new projects when needed.
- Feasibility study of new projects based on requirements of potential clients, estimation of the proposed systems capacities and evaluation and estimation of the proposed system cost.
- Evaluate, analyse and approve all technical and commercial proposals, in liaison with the commercial department, for requirements and provide input where needed.
- Ensure technical aspects for all projects/improvement projects and schedules from the design stages to the final stages are adhered to during execution by the team and contractors/consultants.
- Review and approve reports/studies as provided by engineers and project coordinators and address any issues that may arise. Analyse trends and corrective actions to ensure project completion according to contractual obligations.
Tendering & Contract Management
- As part of tender committee, lead, manage and guide the products/services qualification process for contract awarding for all Qatar Col technical operations related to various projects to ensure that all product requirements and services are provided cost efficiently in accord to defined standards and procedures ensuring optimum protection of Qatar Cool business interests.
- Participate in tender committee meetings and provide feedback with respect to the technical evaluation of suppliers suitable for the job and all contractual terms and conditions.
- Lead the preparation and consolidation of the technical department’s budget in line with its annual business plan.
- Ensure effective and continuous financial performance monitoring for the department against the budget so that the organization is aware of anticipated costs and/or revenues, areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified, and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalised on.
- Ensure that all departmental reports are completed in a comprehensive, accurate and timely manner, and comply with international principles and standards, and Qatar Cool’s requirements.
- Present regular and ad-hoc management reports related to the department, provide recommendations to the CEO on new opportunities, highlight critical issues and challenges, and provide strategic insight to ensure effective decision-making.
- Ensure effective risk management and controls are established, functioning and maintained to achieve objectives and manage risks in each department.
- Ensure that employees within the department are aware of and able to demonstrate effective operation of controls and relevant compliance.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|