Sales Manager | Retail | IKEA Abu Dhabi
Overview of the role
Ensure the service levels and customer satisfaction in Sales departments are maintained to the highest standards by managing the day-to-day operation very effectively. Promote the IKEA Concept as a tool.
What you will do
- Meet the needs of customers by being understanding and sensitive to diverse customers, by initiating and developing effective working relationships with the customer and by establishing trust and confidence with the customers.
- Lead the Sales department in understanding the customers’ requirements and assist them in their orders & provide the highest level of Customer Service.
- Empower and encourage the team to take immediate action to meet the needs of customers and give input on how to improve service provided to them.
- Promote the sales of products by spotting and seizing sales opportunities, offering alternatives solutions to problems and suggesting add on sales in order to achieve the established sales target.
- Remain aware of developments in the local market by being attentive, to information given by customers, to advertising and promotions in the media and by making scheduled market visits to be able to maintain the company’s competitive advantage and to advise customers properly.
- Lead, inspire and motivate the sales team to optimize sales and profits.
- Ensure store is always “In Shape as New”.
- Ensure implementation of the store’s commercial activities and Business Plan.
- Define objectives and lead efforts to achieve these through continuous evaluation and follow-up
- Be a participant in and contribute to the Store Commercial team.
- Develop and implement commercial strategic plans based on business priorities and local market.
- Accountable for the preparation of the annual departmental budget and for ensuring that operating expenses are within the guidelines and objectives of the department.
- Establish annual and monthly sales and profit objectives
- Be a passionate leader who can bring business and people together, inspired by the IKEA core leadership capabilities and strive to develop as a leader continuously.
- In co-operation with the Human Resources (HR) department, recruit Sales team based on the IKEA values.
- Develop the sales team and secure their training to ensure all co-workers understand the IKEA Concept and other key guidelines; and how they have an impact on their specific roles.
- Empower, support and coach his co-workers on the job to help them perform better and grow.
- Actively develop successors to ensure meeting the succession needs of the IKEA store.
- Work actively to create an environment where the IKEA culture is a strong and living reality and diversity is valued, to ensure the IKEA store is regarded as a great place to work.
- Ensure simple and straightforward internal communication and information flow in maintained, and secure that key information is understood by all IKEA Sales co-workers.
|United Arab Emirates – Abu Dhabi